Connecting Railway Bridge Postcard
This view shows River Drive and the tunnel on the east side of the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia, Pa. The Connecting Railway bridge is in the background. This image dates to the 1880s. The iron span was replaced by steel in 1897. The bridge was widened to five tracks and made entirely stone by 1914 and is still in use by Amtrak. The postcard was produced in Germany for Greenbaum Brothers of Philadelphia. The card was postmarked in Eugene, Ore. in 1909 and mailed to Oregon City, Ore.
Tim Garner Collection
New England Chapter, Pennsylvania Railroad Technical & Historical Society
PO Box 624, Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752-0624
© 2006, New England Chapter, PRRT&HS